Thursday, July 26, 2012

Lessons from Summer 2012

Our climbing wall at camp has an element called the Jacob's Ladder or Dangling Duo.  It is a free swinging ladder made up of 4x4s suspended 40' in the air.  Each space between rungs is 6" wider than the space below it and it takes strength, agility and team work to reach the top since this is a two person activity. 

Earlier this summer I was working the belay rope for a young lady.  She was about half way up the ladder with her partner when it appeared she would not be able to go any further.  I finally asked her the question I learned in training, and one we as one of His servants should always be ready to ask, "What do you need and how can I help you?"  Her response was I just need to rest for a moment.  She then proceeded to climb to the top of the ladder with her partner.  Afterwards, she thanked me for believing in her and helping her achieve this goal.  To be perfectly honest, I thought she had reached her limit and wouldn't be able to go any further.  What I wanting was to lower her down so that we could load up our equipment and quit for the day. 


Jesus never gave up on Peter even after Peter denied Him three times.  Where would I be if God gave up on me when I had reached what I thought was my limit.  Thank you to all those who have given me encouragement at times when I was ready to give up and help me not to give up on others too quickly.

No comments: